Everyone within all our teams adhere to respect the the FA rules to ensure Grassroots Football has the best atmosphere in which children want to grow and development their football. That means: Players, Parents, Coaches, Ref
The policies are outlined below:
It is important everyone behaves themselves when playing football.
As a player, you have a big part to play. That’s why The FA is asking every player to follow a Respect Code of Conduct.
When playing football, I will:
• Always play to the best of my ability and for the benefit of my team
• Play fairly – I won’t cheat, dive, complain or waste time
• Respect my team-mates, the other team, the referee or my coach/manager.
• Play by the rules, as directed by the referee
• Be gracious in victory and defeat – I will shake hands with the other team and referee before or at the end of the game
• Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me
• Understand that a coach has to do what is best for the team and not one individual player
• Talk to someone I trust or the club welfare officer if I’m unhappy about anything at my club.
Spectators and parents/carers
Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct for spectators at all times
• Remember that children play for FUN.
• Applaud effort and good play as well as success.
• Respect the Referee’s decisions even when you don’t agree with them
• Appreciate good play from whatever team it comes from
• Remain behind the touchline and within the Designated Spectators’ Area
• Let the coaches do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
• Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
• Support positively. When players make a mistake offer them encouragement not criticism
• Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour
Coaches, Team Managers and Club Officials
On and off the field, I will:
• Use my position to set a positive example for the people I am responsible for
• Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers,
officials and spectators
• Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
• Promote Fair Play and high standards of behaviour
• Respect the match official’s decision
• Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
• Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
• Be aware of the potential impact of bad language on other participants,facility users or neighbours
• Be gracious in victory and defeat
When working with players, I will:
• Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
• Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
• Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
• Co-operate fully with others in football(e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapist)
If you would like a copy of the FA Respect policies please visit the FA website click here